Dinner in 15 minutes: spaghetti with asparagus + egg
Despite loving food I always struggle to come up with ideas for food posts, but spending two weeks in Bali was so inspiring in so many ways that my head is full of new ideas for dishes, so expect lots of Indonesian inspired recipes, from peanut sauce, vegetarian curries, the famous Nasi Goreng and lots of healthy dishes as well. This gorgeous wooden bowl I bought in Ubud makes food look even more beautiful, so there is no holding me back now!
Today I am sharing with you one of my all time favourites. I have been making it for at least 10 years! It is perfect when you have friends coming for dinner or you're back from work late and fancy something quick but tasty. It takes around 15 minutes and it is a healthy dinner that is packed full of flavour.
I usually make it with regular spaghetti or linguini, depending on what I have around, but I have tried it with GF versions and the cooking times were similar.
- 150g spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50g of pecorino cheese, grated
- Put the spaghetti in a pan of boiling water with a dash of olive oil and salt. The oil will prevent them from sticking together.
- While the spaghetti cook, remove the tips of the asparagus (you can do this by bending them with your hands until the snap). Cut them in half
- In a frying pan, put a little bit of olive oil (2tsp) and cook the asparagus on a high heat so they retain some crunch. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same pan, fry the eggs and set aside.
- By now your spaghetti will probably be cooked. When they are, strain them and put them in a bowl, adding the asparagus, 1 tbsp of olive oil, and the lemon juice.
- Serve them on bowls, top with the fried egg and some pecorino cheese. I like to add a bit of ground pepper and another dash of olive oil.