Courgette and feta fritatta
As soon as the weather gets warmer it is so much easier to eat healthily. When the temperature rises (which, let's face it, doesn't happen THAT often in the UK), all my body craves is summer fruits and lighter meals. Omelettes are something I make a lot, because they are so quick dish to make and so versatile. You can put in anything you like and it will most likely taste great. Fritattas are essentially omelettes that you finish cooking under the grill instead of flipping them over. I love this one, because the grated courgette makes it very light, the feta cheese gives it a bit of punch and the mint is what makes it special and more delicate.
1. Set the grill to medium temperature
2. Beat the eggs
3. Grate the courgette and add it to the eggs
4. Crumble the feta cheese and add to the bowl
5. Add the chopped mint leaves and give it all a stir
6. In a frying pan, put a tablespoon of oliver oil and add the mixture when it is hot
7. Once one side is cooked, remove from the hob and put the pan under the grill to cook the top. Be careful with the handle of your pan. If it is made of plastic, make sure it is outside of the grill!
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 courgette
- 100g feta chese
- A handful of mint, chopped
I normally add a simple salad and some bread with olive oil and a drop of balsamic vinegar. Hope you enjoy it, and if you make it, tweet me a picture @sunshineandglow. I'd love to see your creations!